Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, b

Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

Scandals are those egregious acts of people which create extreme feelings and reaction among society. Coincidentally they focus our attention on problems in ways that speaker or reformer ever could. I believe scandals help us prepare for the unexpected.

Let us consider the example of 9/11 which is considered one of the most appalling terrorist attacks till date. On September 9th the world trade center was attacked by two passenger aircraft leading to massive destruction; thousands of people were killed. This incident was an eye opener for the whole world. New anti-terrorism units were structured and many countries coalesced to fight against such horrifying acts, later the protagonist behind this attack was caught and executed by the US Military. Presently the world is a safer place to live after the 9/11 attack. On the contrary, a myriad of families were afflicted, what so may happen they won’t get their loved ones back. So, for them 9/11 was not at all useful.

Moving on to the world of cycling, in late 20th century there was one man fighting against Cancer , breaking all the records and he was none other than Lance Armstrong. Later he confessed of his reprehensible act; use of performance enhancing drug during Tour de France. The world of cycling was stunned considering he successfully passed the drug test precluding the tournament. This lead to inception of a more thorough and reliable drug test procedure. No one would have ever imagined that it is possible to swindle a drug test.

Switching to politics, in early 1980’s a suicide bomber assassinated the famous Indian prime minister – Rajiv Gandhi. Prior to that suicide bombing was an alien term. This lead to improvement of security standards and introduction of new bomb detecting technologies. Nowadays celebrities avoid to interact with the throng without substantial protection.

I would like to say scandals are useful but they are not welcomed. It is good to learn from one’s mistake but it is not good to commit mistakes. For some people affected by a scandal, it is inhuman to say that they are useful; but once happened they serve to counter many analogous events in future. It is rightly said “ A successful man learns more from his mistakes than anything else “

The essay is not exactly right on the topic. and the examples are not exactly for Scandals.

And you need to put more arguments. Only examples are not enough to support your ideas.

You may try this pattern:

Para 1: introduction. my choice: A or B. agree or disagree.

Para 2: First,reason 1 (1 sentence) + why reason 1(some arguments. 2-3 sentences) + examples for reason 1 (around 2 sentences) + small conclusions (like advantages of reason 1 or comparisons if not reason 1, 1-2 sentences).

Para 3: Second,reason 2 ,blabla... do the same thing like First

Para 4: Third, reason 3 blabla... do the same thing like First but shorter

Para 5: Conclusion.