A true university education should encompasses far more than the narrow, specialized study of a single discipline. Only through exploring the broad spectrum of liberal arts courses can students become truly learned.

University education materials has become a controversial issue recently. There are numerous conflicting ideas between those who state that they should contain a broad spectrum of liberal arts, and others who believe they should focus on one specialization. In what follows, these views are first discussed, and then my own position would be delineated.

To begin with, some people assert that if university education concentrates on one subject, it causes student become disinterested. In this situation, the courses do not have a diversity and become banal after some semesters; therefore, it shorten the students' enthusiasm. Besides, when university education focuses on one specialty, students become dogmatic and very narrow minded because they have never face with others ideas. In long term, it causes that students lose their creativity and be not able to think outside the box.

However, others believe that passing courses outside of students’ specialty cause students become familiar with other fields of study, and their way of looking and solving problems. It helps to think of civil engineering students. If these students pass some environmental courses, they become aware of the environmental effects of their activities; hence, they would account environmental effects of projects when they will consider the negative impacts of it.

As for my point of view, I should say that, I lodge myself somewhere between the two ideas. In fact, what is missing in both of these viewpoints is that students should pass some courses outside of their nationality; however, not only these courses should be relevant to their field of study, but also the number of them should be limited.

To sum up, no one can deny the positive points of an education principle which has a broad spectrum of liberal arts courses; however, I personally agree with focusing on one field of study and just passing limited related courses outside of that field since it seems more advantageous.

University education materials has become
University education materials have become

it shorten the students' enthusiasm
it shortens the students' enthusiasm

because they have never face with others ideas.
because they will never face with others ideas.

not only these courses should be relevant to their field of study, but also the number of them should be limited.
Description: Not only...but also is not used properly.