To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In deve

Each society involves a variety of characteristics which altogether can be considered as perfect tools to understand the rituals, cultures and traditions of a given society. Major cities represent part of the society, and are the core of the economy, politics and industry. As being multicultural and embrace people from different origins and countries, major cities cannot be the only element that determines the characteristics of any society. Therefore, one must consider the other elements of the society such as the suburban, rural and minor cities to get a full picture about the society.

In the past, major cities were the heart of any society and might reflect its characteristics. But now due to the rapid development across the world, most of the big cities of different countries are the same. As a result of the globalisation, people with different cultures and religions go to the big cities where they can find a lot of job and studying opportunities. Furthermore, because of the increased pace of the life style in major cities, most people eat fast food and prefer restaurants. In contrast, the life in small cities is more quite. To know more about the traditional cuisines of any society, go to the small cities where people cook and eat together as a family.

Moreover, the major cities are characterized by the modern life style and most of the customs are brought from foreign cultures. On the other hand, people in rural cities wear their traditional customs. For instance, in Cairo, the capital city of Egypt, most of people wear the modern clothes. While, in the suburban cities of Egypt people still conserve there custom's traditions. Women wear long closed dresses. Although, there are Muslims and Christians in Egypt, it is customary for women in the rural and small cities to cover their hair which seems to be the norm there not a religious issue. In addition to the customs, big cities in Egypt do not reflect the Architectural characteristics of the Egyptian's culture. Most of the buildings are modern and consist of several floors. Egyptian real architecture is well represented in the cities of the south , the New Valley, where you can see the Coptic, Islamic and the Ancient Egyptian architecture.

Another consideration, each society has a small number of the metropolitans. Most of the people live in the suburbans or rural cities. Moreover, many modern countries depend on agriculture as a source of the income and the big cities do not show the life style of people who work in agriculture.Therefore, focusing on studying and understanding the major cities only, would give a narrow insight and image of that society. Take Paris as an example. Paris is the biggest city in France and is the centre of the fashion. However, Paris cannot show the exact characteristics of the french community. Small county sides cities would be better in describing and preserving the french culture.

To sum up, major cities can reflect the political,industrial and economical status of any society. However, they do not give a clear image about other traditional and cultural characteristics. To shed the light on the main characteristics of any society, you have to consider the other elements of the society and invest more time on studying the minor cities.

Sentence: Each society involves a variety of charecteristics which alltogether can be considered as perfect tools to understand the rituals, cultures and traditions of a given society.
Error: charecteristics Suggestion: characteristics
Error: alltogether Suggestion: altogether

Sentence: As being multicultural and embrace people from different origins and countries, major cities cannot be the only element that determines the charecteristics of any society.

Sentence: Moreover, the major cities are characterised by the modern life style and most of the customs are brought from foreign cultures.
Error: characterised Suggestion: characterized

Sentence: In addition to the customs, big cities in Egypt do not reflect the Architectural charecteristics of the Egyptian's culture.