Universities should require students to take courses only within those fields they are interested in studying.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting

Universities should require students to take courses only within those fields they are interested in studying.

Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider the possible consequences of implementing the policy and explain how these consequences shape your position.

Education is the most important aspect of everyone's life and they have the right to study what they want to, thus, I believe that universities should let students take only the courses that they have interest in.

The first point we should consider is that, we can never instill interest for something in someone that he/she does not like. Universities can enlighten the students about all the options they have, but should leave the decision of what one wants to study on an individual. For instance, if a student who has interest in studying literature is being forced to study science, and all the arcane theories in science, then it is bound that he/she will lose interest in studies and will feel despondent. Maybe the student had a great potential to become a successful writer or poet, we never know, the point is he/she will lose the desire to excel in any field, as they will feel that they are failures. If an individual gets an opportunity to study only what he/she wants to study, then it will lead to decrease in the number of college dropouts and thus decrease in the unemployment rate.

The colleges letting students to take the courses only within those fields that are interested in have another advantage. If the students in colleges have to study only the courses they opted for then they have to spend less time in the college. Less time spent in the college means, less money spent as one does not have to pay for the courses he/she is not interested in. And if a student spends less time in college, then he/ she will serve the nation sooner. Hence, if the universities allow students to opt for the courses they are interested in has an added advantage.

But there are few basic courses like personality development, moral development, which should be made mandatory as it helps one in becoming fit to survive in a competitive world. Education should always aim at making an individual, a better human being first.

I strongly feel that what an individual wants to study should be only his/ her choice, no other factor including the universities should influence one’s decision, and preclude him/her from studying what he/she is interested in. Thus, colleges should allow students to take courses only within those fields they are interested in.