Essay topics: The local council has decided on constructing a block of flats on the park opposite the place where you live. Write a letter to the editor of the local newspaper protesting against this move. Make suggestions as to how people can stop this development.
I am writing this letter to point out and protest against the recent announcement of the Sheffield council about planning of construction of a set of houses by destroying the park which is situated just opposite to my home.
As the park, which is present along the Finsbury Road in Sheffield caters to kids and elderly people to actively involve in fun activities and walking respectively, it is an unfair decision to replace this only green area in our community with new houses. The trees located in the park also provide shelter for some endangered birds. Hence, I feel that people of Sheffield who regularly visit this park can sign a petition and forward it to the council. ...
Subscribe now as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- You live in an English speaking country and you want to do some voluntary, unpaid work in a developing country. Write a letter to a company called Cultural Expeditions, which organizes such trips. In your letter:Explain why you want to do the voluntary wo (80)
- There is an increasing amount of advertising directed at children which encourages them to buy goods such as toys and snacks. Many parents are worried that these advertisements put too much pressure on children, while some advertisers claim that they prov (80)
- Today, the quality of life in large cities is decreasing. Discuss the causes and solutions. (80)
- In some countries children start school at the age of four and in other countries at the age of seven. Some people believe that early school start is affecting parent-child relationships. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of starting school early a (80)
- Computers are being used more and more in education. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages and give your own opinion. (80)
- Some people say that when children under 18 are committing a crime they should be punished, while others believe they should be educated. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your own opinion. (60)
- In some countries, the number of shootings increase because many people have guns at home. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (80)
- To solve the over-increasing environmental hazards throughout the world, the best way is to increase the price of fuel. Do you agree or disagree? (80)
- The growing number of overweight people is putting a strain on the health care system in an effort to deal with the health issues involved. Some people think that the best way to deal with this problem is to introduce more physical education lessons in th (80)
- Parents are best teachers. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons and examples. (76.66670000000001)