The bar chart shows the changes in the number of students applying for four different kinds of subjects in a UK university in 2008 and 2013

The bar chart shows the changes in the number of students applying for four different kinds of subjects in a UK university in 2008 and 2013.

The bar chart illustrates how university students’ reference on for subjects differed in the 2008- 2013 period, in percentage.
Overall, there were two opposite trend occurred. While Business and History shared the same upward trend, the trend on Biology and Engineer tended to go to downward.
Regarding business and history, the number of students rose gradually through years. Starting at 50% in 2008, business reached the peak in 2015 at 70%. Meanwhile, although witnessing nearly a half increase in 2015, history still accounted the smallest proportion throughout the survey.
On the contrary, fewer learners chose biology and engineer. The percentage of biology declined constantly, from 35% in 2008 to 25% in 2015, which was the lowest number in that year. Engineer experienced a more remarkable decrease. From the dominant position, it dropped by 30% in 2013 and kept narrowed down years later.
In conclusion, business seemed to be the most favored subject in the seven-year-survey.