The chart below gives information about the growth of urban population in certain parts of the world including the prediction of the future Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The bar chart depicts the information about the percentage of population of towns and cities between 1950 and 2000 with future prediction for 2030. The statistics provide percentage of total for whole world, Africa, Asia and Latin America/Caribbean.

Overall, aforementioned countries experienced upward trend as well as for future prediction.

Latin America/Caribbean's population percentage was about 42% in 1950, being higher than whole world's percentage by approximately 12%. Then it rose to 70% and approximately fifty percent for Latin America/Caribbean and whole world in 2000 and predicted to reach 60% and 80% by 2030.

Total population in African and Asia was about same, which was 12% and 14% in 1950. In 2000, both experienced sudden surge and reached about 40%. For both of them, it will predicted to increase more than five times in comparison with beginning and reached about 52% for Africa and 58% for Asia.