The chart below shows the changes in three different areas of crime in Manchester city centre from 2003 2012

The chart below shows the changes in three different areas of crime in Manchester city centre from 2003-2012

The line graph illustrates how many crimes namely burglary, car theft and robbery were commited by people living in Manchester city center in each year between 2003 and 2012.

In general, the rate of car theft increased gradually over the period while the burglary commitment which was by far the most common in the initial years, increased substancially. However, there was a rise and fall in the quantity of robbery according to the graph.

To begin with, the number of burglary experienced a remarkable drop to slightly above 1000 in 2007 after peaking at about 3750 in 2003. The share of car theft and robbery fluctuated slightly around 2250 and 500 respectively.

By contrast, the figure of burglary grew to 1500 before remaining the same until 2012. There were substancial rise to about 2750 in the number of car theft, which was the highest in 2012, whereas 2008-2012 witnessed a minor fluctuation in the proportion of robbery committed in Manchester.