The chart below shows the proportion of male and female students studying six art related subjects at a UK university in 2011 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant Write at least 150 wor

The chart below shows the proportion of male and female students studying six art-related subjects at a UK university in 2011.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. Write at least 150 words

The bar chart shows the distribution of students by gender across six art-based disciplines at a UK university in 2010.
Generally speaking, the chart shows that while fameless outnumbers males in most disciplines, and the gender gap for each subject was not significant.
Across five of the six subjects, there were more females enrolled than males. Of these, the difference in enrollment between genders was insignificant, with the notable expectation of philosophy where female students outnumbered their male counterparts by almost 3 to 1. Art and Design was the only subject with more men than women at ratio of 175 to 160.
The most popular subject for both sexes was undoubtedly English language and literature with almost as many men (230) as women (250 taking part. In fact, language-based subject, namely Linguistics, English language and literature and communication and Media studies, proved the most popular for both gender. With respect to the lest attractive subjects, men seemed least drawn to Philosophy while women were less interested in History and Archeology.