The chart shows the unemployment situation in Australia in the year 2012 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The chart shows the unemployment situation in Australia in the year 2012.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The given line graph illustrates the fluctuations of unemployment rates for both rural and urban areas, measured in percentage, during the four quarters of 2012 in Australia.
At first glance, the most striking factor is the rural areas trend; it is clear that such locations suffered of a higher percentage of unemployment compared to urban areas. However, at the end of the year, both rates reached 5 per cent, finishing the year equally.

More in detail, during the first and second quarter, it is interesting to observe that two opposite patterns are reported: while rural values consistently dropped from 6.5 to 4.5 per cent, urban areas experienced a moderate increase of about 2 per cent, peaking at 4 per cent.

It is also worth to notice that, during the second half of the year rural areas tended to be more stable, with just a few ups and downs of 1 or 0.5 per cent. Instead, urban areas' percentages oscillate more, bottoming at just over 2 per cent.