The diagram below shows the process by which bricks are manufactured for the building industry Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The diagram below shows the process by which bricks are manufactured for the building industry.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The illustration demonstrates the method by which bricks are produced for the construction industry.

Overall, the process begins with clay being extracted from the ground and finishes with the bricks being delivered to industry. It is a 7 step, linear, man-made process.

First of all, clay is dug out of the ground by an excavator and placed on a metal grid which aids in breaking down lumps of clay into smaller parts. Sand and clay are then added to the smaller lumps of clay and a mixture is created. This is then either poured into molds or cut by wire to form brick shapes.

These newly formed bricks are then stored in a drying oven for between 24 and 48 hours. Once the bricks are dried they are transferred to a kiln where they are kept at a temperature of 200C – 1300C. After this, the bricks are allowed to cool for between 48-72 hours before they are delivered by lorry to be used in the construction industry.