The diagram shows how electricity is generated by a hydroelectric dam Write a 150 word report for a university lecturer explaining how the process work

The diagram shows how electricity is generated by a hydroelectric dam. Write a 150-word report for a university lecturer explaining how the process work

The given diagram illustrates a process that generates electricity by a hydroelectric dam. The process starts with storing river water in a high-level reservoir and ends with transmitting generated electricity.

Overall, there are three main units to the generated electricity process, namely the high-level container, powerhouse, and river.

First of all, water that is stored in a reservoir has forced to flow through the inlet. It then flows into a narrow chamber called a penstock that rotates the turbine. The wheels of the turbine continually spin around. Thanks to kinetic energy being generated by the wheels, the powerhouse uses this energy and transmits it into electricity by generated devices. Electricity is led to nation gid through long-distance power lines.

After the turbine stages, water flows into a river through a second channel. The process is renewable, thanks to the water cycle in nature.