The Graph below shows average carbon dioxide CO2 emissions per person in the United Kindom Sweden Italy and Portugal between 1967 and 2007

The Graph below shows average carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions per person in the United Kindom, Sweden, Italy and Portugal between 1967 and 2007.

The given graph compares the average carbon dioxide emissions per person in four different countries over a period of 50 years. Overall, it can be seen that the figures underwent major changes. Although there was a decline in the amount of Co2 discharged, Britain still remained as a major emitter.
Looking first at Britain and Swedish, which led the total emissions. The former one saw a slight decrease, falling from 11 metric tonnes in 1967 to no more than 9 tonnes in 2007. While at the same time, the latter saw an increase to approximately 11 metric tonnes, before falling sharply to 5 metric tonnes at the end of the period.
Looking at the two remaining countries, which both underwent a rise in the amount of discharged carbon dioxide. However, the figure for Italy was much greater than Portugal(8 metric tonnes compared to 5 metric tonnes), making it the second-largest emitter.