The graph below shows the changes in the percentage of households with cars in one European country between 1971 and 2001

The graph below shows the changes in the percentage of households with cars in one European country between 1971 and 2001.

The given bar chart presents the data on the percentage of households with cars in a European country from 1971 to 2001.

In general, a gradual decrease could be seen in the percentage of households that did not own a car. Additionally, families with more than 2 cars accounted for the smallest portion.

According to the chart, as much as 47% of the households did not own a car in 1971, higher than the percentage of those owning 1 car by 12% and those owning 2 or more cars by 31%. Four decades later, in comparison to the growth in the proportion of households with 1 car, that of no car dropped to less than 30%.

It can also be seen that 1991 was the first time the percentage of households with 1 car surpassed the figure for zero cars, at more than 45%. By contrast, the portion of households having at least 2 cars fluctuate between 15% and 28% over the 30-year period.