The pie charts below show units of electricity production by fuel source Australia and France in 1980 and 2000

The pie charts below show units of electricity production by fuel source Australia and France in 1980 and 2000.

The pie charts compare the five categories of fuel source to produce electricity in Australia and France in 1980 and 2000.

Overall it can be seen that coal was the main source of electricity production in Australia in 1980 while nuclear power was more popular in France in recent year.

In 1980, 50 units of an average Australia went to coal which was the main source of production and half of the total electricity produced came from coal, while natural gas and hydro power used 20 units to produce electricity ,and just 10 units was produced from oil. There was a higher dependence of coal in production of electricity in 2000 which accounted for 130 units out of 170 units ,whereas natural gas and hydro power were only 2 units.

In France ,half of the electricity in 1980 was from coal and natural gas while in 2000 the use of nuclear power increased sharply to 126 units while coal stood at 25 units .