The table below shows information about the population of New Zealand from 2011 to 2012 by age group

The table below shows information about the population of New Zealand from 2011 to 2012 by age group.

This table presents statistics on population disparities in New Zealand across several age categories between 2011 and 2012.
In general, there is a modest rise in overall population from the first to the second year. While the number of young adults and children declined little, the proportion of senior folks climbed dramatically.
New Zealand has a total population of 4.4 million people in 2011, with almost 2.3 million under the age of 40. Nearly a million and a half of the remaining people are between the ages of 40 and 64, with the remaining 500,000 being 65 or older.
Even though the overall population increased by less than one percent in 2012 to 4.46 million, the number of persons aged 39 and under decreased by 0.2 percent. While the population of inhabitants aged 40 to 64 increased only little, the population of citizens aged 65 and more than doubled from half a million to over a million.