You should spend about 20 minutes on this task The charts below give Information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy In 2000 and projections for 2050 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons

You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

The charts below give Information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy In 2000 and projections for 2050.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

You should write at least 150 words.

The pie charts illustrate the age distribution in Yemen and Italy population in 2000 and the predicted figures for 2050.

The first impression is that in three out of four charts, the 15-59-year-old group accounted for the majority of the population. Furthermore, that age group’s proportions in both countries are expected to increase in 2050.

In particular, Yemen witnessed its people below 14 years old responsible for slightly more than half of its population, at 50.1%. However, this number is predicted to drop to 37% in the future. Also, the percentage of people aging above 60 years old is thought to rise by 2.1%. On the other hand, it is shown in the graphs that in the earlier year, there was 24.1% of Italy’s population who are over 60 years old. Besides, this figure is projected to rise significantly, almost double, to 42.3% in the latter year.

Overall, the population in the two places mentioned is believed to get older.