Your university lecturer gave you an assignment You won t be able to submit your assignment on time Write to your lecturer asking for an extension In the letter describe the situation explain why your assignment will be late say when you will be able to h

Your university lecturer gave you an assignment. You won’t be able to submit your assignment on time.

Write to your lecturer asking for an extension. In the letter:

describe the situation
explain why your assignment will be late
say when you will be able to hand in your assignment

Dear Sir,

I am a student of session 2004-05 in CSE department. My name is Mr.Arif and my student ID is A0234. An assignment had given by you last week and submission date is tomorrow. I would like to say sorry because of I cannot submit it on time

Five days ago my father was admitted in hospital due to massive heart attack. I am the elder son of him and I have major responsibilities to maintain all of my family’s urgent affairs. My younger brothers and sisters are not so matured enough to take hospital stresses. Last 5 days in a row, I was engaged from dawn to dusk in hospital to take care of my father.

However, for this above reason I could not managed enough time to complete the assignment. I had managed sometimes at night to do the task and partially I completed it. But it is not possible to complete within next few hours because of submission time knocking at my door.

I am glad to inform you that my father’s condition is improved and he would be released from hospital soon. Now, I can manage more free time to do my academic duties. I would request you give me some favor on submission time. I think extra one day need to complete the whole assignment. If you kindly allow me an extension I would be grateful to you. I am ensured you tomorrow after day assignment in my hand ready to submit.

I am looking forward to hearing you.

Yours sincerely,
Mr. Arif

because of I cannot submit it on time
because I cannot submit it on time

Description: Check out books how to use 'because of'

due to massive heart attack.
due to a massive heart attack.

I could not managed enough time
I could not manage enough time

Sentence: I am ensured you tomorrow after day assignment in my hand ready to submit.
Description: A noun, singular, common is not usually followed by an adjective
Suggestion: Refer to hand and ready