Air traffic is increasingly leading to more noise, pollution, and airport constuction. One reason for this is the growth in low-cost passenger flights, often to holiday destinations.Some people say that government should try to reduce air traffic by taxin

Nowadays flights are become always more popular due to the fact that they are low-cost and they allow us to travel all over the world for holiday destinations. However, the increase in the use of airplanes and in the construction of airports is a consequence of the air traffic that leaded to more pollution and noise.

According to my experience, the problem is not solved since people tend to escape from their cities going around the world without caring about the effects air traffic is carrying. Consequently some people suggested that governments should tax more heavily air traffic in order to reduce it.

Perhaps, a more effective way could be the creation of protected areas in which is not permitted to pass by car or choose fixed days in the year in which it’s compulsory not to drive at all. Rome for example, is a capital that has to deal with traffic, noise and pollution and as solution, purposed to block car circulation in certain days of the year.

Certainly a real reduction of the air traffic is still far to come, it is a slow process that requires time but above all a major effort by the inhabitants, trying to avoid cars not only when the government say so, but every day or at least as much as possible.

In conclusion, it is good to invest on airports to travel but what is vital and crucial for people in the cites is to make their part in order to reduce air traffic and avoid a heavy taxation in future as final and desperate solution for a problem too evolved to be contrasted.

Nowadays flights are become always more popular
Nowadays flights are becoming always more popular

should tax more heavily air traffic in order to reduce it.
should tax more heavily on air traffic in order to reduce it.

a more effective way could be the creation of protected areas in which is not permitted to pass by car
a more effective way could be the creation of protected areas in which people are not permitted to pass by car