Corporal punishment has been practiced in family for a long time. Nowadays many people strongly oppose it. discuss both sides and give your opinion.

The debate about the physical punishment to children has never been stopped for the past decades. The radical educationist fiercely criticize this old fashioned parenting method while the eager parents had a hard time to simply abandon corporal punishment. In those never-ending debates about the pros and cons of proposal punishment, both sides listed numerous reasons. In this passage, I would like to further examine both the merits and demerits of corporal punishment before giving my own opinion.

The advocates of it argue that corporal punishment is the most efficient way to correct the wrongdoings go the young children. They hold that physical punishment would make the children bear in mind the lesson since children are at the age where self-discipline has yet to developed. In addition, corporal punishment can serve as a complementary method to the benevolent treatment when children made serious mistakes.

However, the opponents dispute the idea by calming that sensible lecture with children would achieve the same, or sometimes even better outcomes. Corporal punishment would trigger the rebellious nature in youngsters and drive them to behave worse. Moreover, the metal trauma caused by physical punishment on a child is irreversible and disastrous for the long-term development. Statistics have proven that most juvenile delinquency bear some relationship with the violent treatment in the family.

As far as i am concerned, corporal punishment has already existed through human civilization and now is not the time to eradicate it completely. Most of the people must have suffered corporal punishment more or less during the childhood and the appreciated those experience later because it help them to grow into a decent person. However, it is crucial that parents do not abuse their power to punish children. After all, the bottom line is that corporal punishment should never turned into violence.

corporal punishment is the most efficient way to correct the wrongdoings go the young children.
corporal punishment is the most efficient way to correct the wrongdoings by the young children.

because it help them to grow into a decent person
because it helps them to grow into a decent person

where self-discipline has yet to developed.
where self-discipline has not yet developed.

corporal punishment should never turned into violence.
corporal punishment should never be turned into violence.