The first car appeared on British roads in 1888. By the year 2000 there may be as many as 29 million vehicles on British roads. Alternative forms of transport should be encouraged and international laws introduced to control car ownership and use. What do

The first car appeared on British roads in 1888. By the year 2000 there may be as many as 29 million vehicles on British roads. Alternative forms of transport should be encouraged and international laws introduced to control car ownership and use. What do you think?

There is no disputing the fact that the number of cars has been escalating dramatically in the whole world. It was believed that the first transportation vehicle emerged on British roads in 1888 and prediction regarding this matter was that by 2000 there might be nearly 29 million cars or other transports. There is a commonly held belief that alternative types of vehicle should be promoted and some new rules imposed in order to control the usage of private cars. However, some still oppose the view that private cars are playing an imperative factor in people’s life. Both viewpoints will be analyzed before a reasonable conclusion is reached.

On the one hand, while the technology is penetrating into our lives, citizens become more prone to possess their own cars in terms of security and comfort. As a consequence, the quantity of vehicles is soaring on the roads all over the world as well as on British roads. This aspect leads to heavy traffic congestions on the main roads and eventually air pollution. Furthermore, residents spend their most time to wait behind enormous traffic jams and this can give rise to anxiety, stress and physical fatigue. Therefore, imposition of fresh laws so as to tackle these conundrums will be definitely beneficial for the future of the earth.

On the other hand, opponents of this view strongly claim that the inhabitants have an entitlement to own their cars and this right cannot be abolished by any authorities or laws. In terms of convenience, public transportation such as buses or trains is disappointing and commuters are always dissatisfied with the conditions. Moreover, car owners can save their time while driving their transport and visit any destination whenever they want.

Taking all the mentioned facts above into consideration, I would like to reiterate that although the surge in the number of cars sets off a great deal of issues related to the environment, it is an undeniable fact that alternative forms of transport are not able to offer the same conditions comparing in the personal vehicles. From my perspective, government should take some measure to support the residents utilize their private cars moderately and when they are urgent.

However, some still oppose the view that private cars are playing an imperative factor in people’s life.
However, some still hold the view that private cars are playing an imperative factor in people’s life. //this is not a grammar error, but logically

government should take some measure to support the residents utilize their private cars
government should take some measure to support the residents utilizing their private cars