With the increasing popularity of computers and calculators, student literacy is decreasing dramatically. What are the positive and negative effects the progress of science and technology has brought about?

There is no doubt that technology has been developing drastically. More and more breakthroughs are being invented, this facilitates students’ life in all areas of life. More and more students tend to use technology as the solution for their problems. While some believe that technology is less beneficial to use in schools.

One of the main reasons behind the students’ worsening performance is the excessive use of technology, such as the internet and calculators. Most students nowadays spend all their time going on the internet and surfing the webs , particularly social networking sites. It is proved that Indonesia is the largest Facebook user, it means that a student who does not have a Facebook account is a rare occurrence. Moreover, students can be lazy to do their assignments, they prefer using the internet and calculators to find the answers to exploring their ideas and developing their knowledge. Therefore, technology makes the students lazier, as a result, they do not acquire the skills which is useful in the future.

Even though there are some disadvantages of technology, it also has its merits, especially in education. Firstly, students can share each other what they get in school and they can discuss the problem boom nowadays and try to solve them. Furthermore, their learning ability will be increasing because of the existence of the internet and other scientific inventions. With these tools, the students get a lot of knowledge outside schools. A good example, a senior high school student recently invented an election program which beneficial for this democratic country Indonesia.

To conclude, the recent invention in the technology sector has the capacity to empower students to acquire knowledge faster and instantly. Thus, the students should make the judicious use of technology so as not to inflict damage on their life.

the skills which is useful in the future.
the skills which are useful in the future.

Sentence: Firstly, students can share each other what they get in school and they can discuss the problem boom nowadays and try to solve them.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, post-determiner is not usually followed by a WH-determiner
Suggestion: Refer to other and what

they can discuss the problem boom nowadays and try to solve them.

an election program which beneficial for this democratic country Indonesia.
an election program which is beneficial for this democratic country Indonesia.

-----------------------