increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.to what extent do you agree or disagree?what other measures do you think might be effective?

increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.
to what extent do you agree or disagree?
what other measures do you think might be effective?

Some governments decide to rise the price of fuel in order to decrease the number of cars in streets and so the problem of air pollution can be solved. some people argue that it cannot be a practical solution. however, i agree with this approach. furthermore, developing public transport can help this matter.

Increasing petrol price seems to be an effective way to limit traffic jams and have less polluted air. Yet, many people believe that it cannot help the issue as much as is expected. For example, this solution does not work for rich ones. Also people get used to high price gradually.

on the contrary, I personally think that rising the price of petrol can solve the matter of growing traffic and pollution to a great extent.Firstly, when people find themselves paying a significant amount of their income for fuel costs apart from other expenses for their own cars, they might be likely to prefer not to use them. Then, as a result of decreasing the number of personal cars in streets, the traffic congestion would decline. So, the pollutant fumes would be much less in the air.

In addition, from my point of view, developing and improving public transportation network can affect on reducing traffic and pollution positively. Finding it convenience and cheap to use buses or undergrounds or other kinds of public vehicles encourages individuals to replace their own cars with them.

To sum up, I would like to say nation and government should be united and cooperate in solving problems to live peacefully together.