increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.to what extent do you agree or disagree?what other measures do you think might be effective?

increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.

to what extent do you agree or disagree?

what other measures do you think might be effective?

The traffic that people encountered everyday, caused by too many vehicles on the road and power plants are added to harm the ozone layer because of unbearable pollution. Increasing the price of the petrol will not help to solve these issues.

In my opinion, I disagree on paying too much on petrol. People will definitely experience the domino effect once the prices went up. Firstly, not only to those who has their own vehicle, it will effect the regular commuters who take public transportation, fare will go up too as most companies passes the charges to the people. Secondly, electricity bills will go higher, where all establishments and houses have electricity, imagine the tons of petrol are burning to give light to the streets, home and factories. The more we consume the petrol the higher the pollution it produces. Lastly, the fresh produce harvested from provinces, tractors will charge the market sellers for the cost of the gasoline they've used, these prices will pass to the produce and so on. People will shoulder all the expenses where the government should look for other alternatives other than the petrol.

Going further, to prevent too much traffic on the road, the government should implement a high vehicle tax to improve the roads. Another thing is to double the price of the vehicles and lower the car distribution. Government should improve the public transportation such as buses and trains, in this way less people will in need of private cars. There are inventors of electric cars, wherein it is rechargeable. I believe in this, traffic will become manageable and will reduce air pollution too.

Moreover, each country should look for other means than petrol that usually imported overseas. Each nation has its own natural resources, such as solar, hydro, wind powers and natural gases underneath the ocean bed. These can generate powers and will able to sustain people's needs.

By using this natural resources, the demand for the petrol will go down and will not become the main source of power.

to those who has their own vehicle, it will effect the regular commuters
to those who have their own vehicles, it will affect the regular commuters

and will able to sustain people's needs.
and will be able to sustain people's needs.

By using this natural resources,
By using those natural resources,

less people will in need of private cars.
less people will be in the need of private cars.