Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree?What measures do you think might be effective?

Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
What measures do you think might be effective?

Nowadays one of the most critical problems all around the world is the volume of traffic and dire consequences of it such as air and noise pollution. While in past this amount of pollution was not imaginable. Some claim that the bets measure for confronting this would be to raise the price of petrol, meanwhile others think that the other solutions could be more profitable.

First and foremost, being a short-term cure, this measure could not be called the best one. By soaring the petrol price, some unnecessary commuting in cities would be avoided and the traffic congestion would be vanished. However, this approach would not last so long. As time is passing, people sould learn how to manage their income to ends meet and at the same time have enough for using personal cars. As a result, after five or six month or even a year, the city would face the traffic jam and polluted air again.

On the other hand, this measure could not address the cultural aspects of problem. In many nations, using private car is some sort of bad habits. Inhabitants have not been taught to commute by public transportation and even bicycles or walking. On the grounds that they have enough money they use their own car and damage the environment and unconsciously hurt themselves. Because of the polluted air, they might suffer from various illnesses. In result, as one of the contributing factors of the using personal cars is incorrect habits in culture, the growth of fuel price could not meet this issue alone.

With the aim of addressing the traffic congestion, some scheme would be suggested. Primarily, as many cities are not as developed as other urban areas in the world and the public transportation can not meet their demand, one of the most viable solutions would be to invest and extend the amenities and facilities such as subway, buses and even taxis. If dwellers reach their destination far more easily and cheaply, they would not take their cars out of the garage. In addition, by considering the cultural factors, government in many states should plan for some educational programs via various media to teach people not to use personal car in every circumstances.

In conclusion, in my point of view this is a vast oversimplification of the issue. However, the above-mentioned measures could be more appropriate and viable for addressing the problem of growing traffic jam than only increasing the price of fuel. These schemes include developing public transportation and creating educational programs.

No. of Words: 421 while No. of Different Words: 213

'On the other hand' means 'However'. It doesn't mean 'On another hand'.