Many old buildings protected by law are part of nation's history. Some people think they should be knocked down and replaced by news ones. How important is it to maintain old buildings? Should history stand in the way of progress?

The Old buildings which have a part of nation's history are protected by a law in our country (Indonesia) because they have high value in folklore history. As we know many old buildings can be found almost in every city in there. The most important keeping folklore history to be exist is a way to keep those buildings being protected from some people thinking that they can replace it with news ones.

The old buildings used as land marks for some cities also can be used as tourism destination that domestic and foreign tourists often visit there when an holiday comes. Everyone visiting there will see and know how old is it, although it was built without irons and cements, those buildings were still standing strong. Some of archaeologists made researches to explore the mystery of those buildings, but up to now they are still curious about it, they not only study researches but also give suggestion to our government to forbid everyone wanting to maintain it by destroying the cultural heritage and changing the shape of those buildings. It is only allowed if there is a restoration of those buildings. Borobudur, for example, was one of seven wonders of the world for a long time ago, the age of the Borobudur's building was very old, more than a thousand years, but it still stands strong enough up to now.

Therefore, to keep old buildings standing strong on the way it is, everybody living near there must hold out to forbid everyone wanting to maintain it without permission from the government. Because the effect of maintaining it can ruin the folklore history and historical evidence which had looked after very long, hence, not only they who live near there but also the government have to preserve it together to be witnessed by our children and grandchildren

history to be exist is a way
history to be existing is a way

that they can replace it with news ones.
Description: 'it' refers to what? Be sensitive to use 'it'.

The old buildings used as land marks for some cities
The old buildings are used as land marks for some cities

not only they who live near there but also the government
Description: Not only...but also is not used properly.

better to have 4-5 paragraphs:

para 1: introduction
para 2: reason 1
para 3: reason 2
para 4: reason 3 (optional)
para 5: conclusion

or:

para 1: introduction
para 2: idea one.
para 3: however, idea two
para 4: in my opinion...