Modern technology allows the machines to perform hard work instead of humans. Does this have a positive or a negative effect on people? Give your own opinion and examples.

The overwhelming development of high-tech has changed our lives beyond expectation. However, an increasing number of people are concerned that the replacement of machines at many workplaces would pose a threat to human society. In those never-ending pages about the pros and cons of the worthiness of machine. People who reject the employment of machine seem to adopt an over-pessimistic view. As a matter of fact, the benefits machines bring about is numerous and I would further illustrate that in the following aspects.

First and foremost, by employing machine in the hazardous work, safety matters are on long a concern. More specifically, machines are physically advantageous to human body. For example, the major breakthroughs in the space-exploring are accomplished by sophisticated spacecraft rather than human being. The reason is simple: machines are made to endure the change of pressure, gravity and oxygen that human body is incapable of. Therefore, the work that machine can do far exceeds that of human.

Another conspicuous merits of replacing human labor with machine is that machine will never make mistakes unless it break down. That is the reason why automatic teller machine is so popular with banking service. Humans are species that have emotion, sense, judgement and values. It is natural that we make mistakes or be biased sometime. Therefore, machines replaced human to evaluate examination papers. It is natural for a human to make mistakes. Therefore, in terms of accuracy and efficiency, machines are incomparable.

However, that is not to say that we should replace working labors with machines without distinction. Auto-machines, certainly, has their own demerits. The cost of developing them is the first issue. Besides, employing machines to take the place of the employee would aggregate the already intense competition in the job market. But still, the prevalence of machine in workplace has become an unstoppable trend and it is the advantages that propel its popularity.

In short, the merits of using machine is undeniable in the hazardous or physically challenging job. Though there are some drawbacks, it would be fixed if treated with caution. After all, we are marching toward an irreversible road to the industrialization and mechanization is an indispensable part of that process.

the benefits machines bring about is numerous
the benefits machines bring about are numerous

safety matters are on long a concern
safety matters are no long a concern

Auto-machines, certainly, has their own demerits.
Auto-machines, certainly, have their own demerits.

we are marching toward an irreversible road to the industrialization and mechanization is an indispensable part of that process.
we are marching toward an irreversible road to the industrialization, and mechanization is an indispensable part of that process.