In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important. This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life.Do you agree or disagree?

In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important. This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life.
Do you agree or disagree?

It is true that a considerable number of international companies have advanced into many parts of the world recently. Personally, I believe that this phenomenon has led to several problems and damaged the quality of people’s lives.

In my view, it may result in the decline in domestic economy when a major company enters into a different country, provided that competitive imported items may create possibilities to force out products produced by the local manufacturers from domestic markets. For example, in 1960s, there was a significant fall in the revenue of Japanese farming industry due to an immense number of imported fruits and vegetables with comparably reasonable prices being imported into the local market. Also, there may be a safety issue associated with the products. It is often reported by media that agricultural chemicals, like pesticides, have remained on imported food. If the food is not properly washed before eating, this can lead to a person getting sick or even in a critical condition.

Furthermore, expansion of a multinational company into another country can have a negative influence on the environment. There are many cases of global companies’ branches and factories devastating the local environment in the vicinity of them. For instance, Japan faced a severe environmental problem when a factory built by an international firm emitted contaminated drainage into the Sea, and in turn this had led to significant damage to many fishermen and fishing industry.

In conclusion, I believe that many multinational companies have adversely affected people’s quality of life in terms of economy, safety and environment. Therefore, it is important to take these influences into account when we purchase these companies’ products.