Nowadays many people have access to computers on a wide basis and a large number of children play computer games. What are the positive and negative impacts of playing computer games and what can be done to minimize the bad effects?

Nowadays many people have access to computers on a wide basis and a large number of children play computer games.

What are the positive and negative impacts of playing computer games and what can be done to minimize the bad effects?

Access to computers has increased significantly over recent decades, and the number of children playing games on computers has increased too. This essay will consider the positive and negative impacts of this and discuss ways to mitigate against the potential negative effects.

With regards to the positive effects, playing computers games can develop children’s cognitive skills. Many popular games require abstract and high level thinking skills in order to win, skills that may not be taught at school. For example, children need to follow instructions, solve complex problems and use logic ...