'The older you get, life becomes more difficult.' Discuss.

Age is not constant, everyone has to grow old one day. Some argue that it is better to grow old and relax after getting retired. However, in my opinion, as you get over a certain age, you have to face a lot more problems in your lives, such as health related issues and financial troubles.

Living a healthy life is what most people think of, but, as an individual grows to a certain age, several medical problems start creeping in. There are lot of general health related issues that bother aged people, namely, diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiac problems etc. Even though some people think that these are trivial problems that arise with growing age, in my view, these issues certainly make a person’s life much more troublesome.

Another major difficulty that ageing people face is that of managing their finances after getting retired. In most of the countries, sixty is considered as a retiring age. Although most of the people save money for their retirement, mostly they find themselves in a situation where it becomes extremely difficult even to meet their general requirements. A recent study conducted by a business magazine has found that almost 70% of the retired people find their lifetime savings significantly less than what is being required to continue with their existing lifestyle.

A lot of people also think that once they grow old and retire, they will fulfil their dreams of travelling around the world. However, after growing old they find it really painful to travel long distances. Most of the people are physically so unfit that they even get confined to their houses.

To conclude, it is a myth that once an individual grows old, he can enjoy his life in various ways. In reality, it is really difficult for a person to lead a happy life after attaining certain age.

Sentence: A lot of people also think that once they grow old and retire, they will fulfil their dreams of travelling around the world.
Error: travelling Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: fulfil Suggestion: fulfill