The only way to reduce the amount of traffic in cities today is by reducing the need for people to travel from home for work, education or shopping.

In last half century, cities have been more crowded and the demand for cars has been increased dramatically which led to terrible and serious traffic problems. To solve the traffic jam and other related problem, a lot of theories have been applied over years, but, these rules and theories have not been fully successful. One of these concepts regarding to the traffic jam is to eliminate the need for people to transport from home for work, education or entertainment facilities. This idea is very good theory to apply, but, it will not be able to solve this problem wholly.

Firstly, when people look for job, they tend to find such a workplace that will be convenient and easy to travel for them, because, the workplace that is located far away from their houses will have two main costs which are transportation and time costs. Nevertheless, when someone finds a job at somewhere far, and then he/she tends to change her/his houses or pays these two costs that mentioned above.

Secondly, universities, companies and some clothing brands are clustered at certain locations of cities, and around these clusters, renting costs and price of houses are very high. Hence, people might not want to stay around these locations; therefore, they will look for cheap houses around sub-urban places.

Thirdly, it is very hard to collect people to certain locations because of their jobs or education, because, there are also some people that don’t want to leave the places and houses that they have stayed and lived for generations. These people will always use either public or private transportation to go to work, universities or shopping malls.

Finally, this concept reduction of the need for people to travel inside the city has enough weakness, and it could not be a spare plan, but, a part of plan, because, the governments in democratic societies can’t impose the people to change either permanent residences or jobs. Nevertheless, the government could educate and enlighten society and public through training and advertising campaigns.

This idea is very good theory to apply
This idea is a very good theory to apply

there are also some people that don’t want to leave
there are also some people who don’t want to leave

The reason 1 and reason 2 are not right on the topic. You need to be straight forward.