The only way to reduce the amount of traffic in cities today is by reducing the need for people to travel from home for work, education or shopping?To what extent do you agree or disagree?

The only way to reduce the amount of traffic in cities today is by reducing the need for people to travel from home for work, education or shopping?
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

The development of cities made people migrate from the country side to the city and this is causing a heavy traffic. So I believe it is not the only measure that could be followed.

It is impotent to know that there are other measures that could be followed to reduce heavy traffic. For example, providing a good public transport, which it is convenient, relaxing, and affordable, so people can rely on. Furthermore, encourage people about walking and cycling, and educating them about the beneficial impact that they gain by doing this. For example the better health that they would have, also the clean environment they will live in.

In addition, there are solutions that could be applied in the future. For example, building residential areas with all facilities such as, hospitals, work, schools, entertainment areas, to name but a few, so people would not need to go to the city. Also provide work that pays good salaries in the country side, so people would not have to move to the city. Another measure that could be followed is to increase the price of petrol, so it will reduce the number of cars.

To sum up, I agree with the statement, however I believe it is not the only measure that it could be followed.

Minimum 250 words wanted