Parents and teachers make many rules for children to encourage good behaviour and protect them from danger However children would benefit from fewer rules and greater freedom To what extent do you agree or disagree with the above statement Give reasons

Parents and teachers make many rules for children to encourage good behaviour and protect them from danger. However children would benefit from fewer rules and greater freedom. To what extent do you agree or disagree with the above statement?Give reasons

We often see families and teachers make numerous rules for children to discipline them and safeguard them against dangers.In my opinion if children were granted more freedom and were made to follow lesser rules they may benefit from it more.

I feel to encourage kids to behave better and be safe we should set examples in place of restrictions. Children tend to do things they are asked to not do. Hence, when we set rules or restrictions, they at some level want to do just the opposite. Especially teenagers while growing up like to be rebellious and want to break rules.

Also, when we set too many guidelines we do not allow the child to make decisions and understand the rational behind them. We distance them from ourselves. I feel children should be made aware of results of bad behaviour. They will then want to take more responsible decisions which are thought through.

Children also do what not they are told but what they are shown. Instead of telling them what to do if parents and teachers try to set examples of ideal behaviour in various situations, children will emulate them.

If a kid is not given greater freedom, they would always have some amount of insecurity. They may also feel suffocated and untrusted. Children may also not develop confidence to deal with situations.

Overall, I feel that parents and teachers should provide children more encouragement to take correct decisions, small and big.They should practice instead of preaching so that the kids look and learn. I think children would prosper more when there are lesser rules and more freedom.

Children also do what not they are told
Children also do what they are not told

when there are lesser rules and more freedom.
when there have lesser rules and more freedom.

More sentences varieties wanted. Try to use less pronouns or not to use pronouns (like 'I, They, We...') as the subject of a sentence.