A person’s worth nowadays seems to be judged according to social status and material possessions. Old-fashioned values, such as honour, kindness and trust, no longer seem important.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

A person’s worth nowadays seems to be judged according to social status and material possessions. Old-fashioned values, such as honour, kindness and trust, no longer seem important.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

When we are asked to define a person, what is the first thing jumps into your mind? Career? Social status? Fortune? Or his or her character? I would say that the answer various from person to person. But “rich” or “poor” is certainly the two most commonly used words. Therefore, some people say that our sticks to judge a person’s value has shifted from character orientated to money orientated. However, is the social status or material possession really reflected a person’s worthiness? In some circumstance, the answer is affirmative. The seasons are numerous and i would listed a few important in the following.

First, people thinks highly of those rich people or those with high social status because fortune and reputation resulted from the combination of hardworking, intelligent, courage, and a driven mind. the business man accumulated their saving by honest trading with their partner and endless devotion to their entrepreneur. The profession gained their social recognition by continuous learning and passing on knowledge. Even the controversial celebrities gained their fame and fortune by unknowing sacrifice. Therefore, people nowadays stress the importance of the so-called superficial material things for a reason, that is the fame and fortune is closely related to the good virtue.

In the second place, people in high social strata and with more money tend to make a bigger contribution to the society. One simple example is the tax revenue. Those making a large sum of money paying more tax to the government, hence contributing more to the society. Those successful business man is also a major stimuli to a country’s economic development. They either provide service or product to the domestic costumers or trading with oversea companies. Consequently, a country is benefit economically. What’s more, the people in high social status tend to be more influential, which makes them easier to contributing to the society.

However, that is not to say that the money and fame is the only judgmental criteria to a person. Certainly, there are those people who make a fortune overnight and never paying back to the society. Therefore, the personal character is a supplementary criteria.

One one can be described with some simple adjectives. Human beings are complicated existence that share both the shortcomings and good feature. When judging a person, though the fame and fortune may sometime prove the point. The moral character sometime speaks louder.

what is the first thing jumps into your mind?
what is the first thing which jumps into your mind?
what is the first thing jumping into your mind?

I would say that the answer various from person to person.
I would say that the answers vary from person to person.

people thinks highly of those rich people
people think highly of those rich people

because fortune and reputation resulted from the combination of
because fortune and reputation are resulted from the combination of

The profession gained their social recognition by continuous learning and passing on knowledge
Description: can you re-write this sentence?

Therefore, people nowadays stress the importance of the so-called superficial material things for a reason, that is the fame and fortune is closely related to the good virtue.
Therefore, people nowadays emphasize the importance of the so-called superficial material things for a reason that is the fame, and fortune is closely related to the good virtue.

Those making a large sum of money paying more tax to the government, hence contributing more to the society.
Description: what is the verb for this sentence?

They either provide service or product to the domestic costumers or trading with oversea companies
They either provide service or product to the domestic costumers or trade with oversea companies

a country is benefit economically
a country got benefits economically

which makes them easier to contributing to the society.
which makes them easier to contribute to the society.