With the pressures on today’s young people to succeed academically, some people believe that non-academic subjects at school (eg: physical education and cookery) should be removed from the syllabus so that children can concentrate wholly on academic subje

With the pressures on today’s young people to succeed academically, some people believe that non-academic subjects at school (eg: physical education and cookery) should be removed from the syllabus so that children can concentrate wholly on academic subjects.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

School plays an important role in every child’s life. Subjects are taught at school help children to become well-educated member of society. Some people think that in the era of globalization, children should be encouraged to study only academic subjects in order to success in their future career. Although academic subjects are important, I believe that pupils should be taught non-academic subjects due to the fact that these types of subjects give more opportunities to strengthen children’s health and support their interests.

Non-academic subjects like physical education should be taught at school with other academic subjects. Only mentally and physically healthy child can achieve a success in spite of many difficulties in a real life. School students, for instance, sit in the same place during the day and they do not have any blood circulation. However, their bodies have a normal blood pressure when they run or play soccer in the non-academic courses at school. Therefore, subjects that help to maintain a child’s health are important to be taught at schools.

Furthermore, some extra curriculum activities also should be taught to pupils. Children should know how to cook or make instrument which they will need in their further life in order to become a perfect member of society. For example, there would be talents who can cook delicious meals and in the future it helps them to acquire well-paid occupations. That’s why; non-academic subjects’ role is enormous.

In conclusion, although most people successes at their career because of their knowledge of academic subjects like math or foreign language, children should learn non-academic courses as well. It helps children to encourage their interests and health.