The Scottish education system encourages a broad curriculum where students study many different subjects. Other education systems prefer a more limited curriculum where students study fewer subjects in more depth. Discuss.

There is no disputing the fact that it is becoming a more and more debatable issue for many universities to determine whether a wide curriculum or limited one. It is a commonly held belief that an extended syllabus for students can bring many benefits. However, some still oppose the view that a small-scale curriculum far outweigh in terms of its good points. Both viewpoints will be analyzed before a reasonable conclusion is reached.

On the one hand, it is an undeniable fact that if a student studies in a university which has a broad education program, will definitely confront a great deal of subjects and have a chance to acquire more knowledge connected with diverse educational realms. As a result, in the future students will most probably have many career choices on account of possessing extended educational background.

On the other hand, proponents of a restricted study course strongly claim that as long as students are given fewer subjects, they can get an opportunity in order to learn more deeply. Furthermore, while the students are given fewer subjects, consequently they will have fewer examinations and in terms of the evaluation criteria, there will be no delay of answers or any hardship related to assessment. Moreover, as long as students are studying fewer subjects, they can find sufficient time so as to do enjoyable activities and socialize. In this case, they can broaden their horizons and life skills for future life.

Taking all the mentioned facts above into consideration, I would like to reiterate that although a comprehensive study program can be beneficial in terms of making prosperous future professions, studying in a more limited curriculum can offer more advantages in comparison. From my perspective, a moderated study course is the best choice and it should be promoted in every university study program.

if a student studies in a university which has a broad education program, will definitely confront a great deal of subjects
if a student studies in a university which has a broad education program, he will definitely confront a great deal of subjects