Should the government pay for health care of every citizen?

The government consists of all institutions that are responsible for running a country. These include all kinds of departments from small area police stations up to the supreme court and the parliament. They are involved in policy making at different levels in order to ensure peace and harmony in a country and also to keep its citizens satisfied. One of the most important responsibilities of the government is to provide the best health care to its people, be that in the form of infrastructure for hospitals or its staff. Many individuals suggest that the government should also pay for the healthcare of all of its people, an ideology i am not in favor of.

On one hand, the government paying for every person falling under its jurisdiction is a very positive approach towards the welfare of its citizens. Healthcare is not cheap. If its already paid-for, that will take an immense load off of people's minds, keeping in mind that health is one of the biggest concerns of a people. They will also have enough money for other necessities that would otherwise be used for buying medicines or booking appointments with a doctor. For instance, a person with low income will be able to send his kids to a good school without worrying about saving money for his or their medical needs at all.

However, the downsides to the establishment paying for every citizens medical care are quite numerous. The most important being all the extra money the government will have to spend on this particular area. Paying for each and every persons healthcare will put many other developmental projects in grave jeopardy. For example, the government will not be able to spend enough money on roads, industries, airlines, trade and many other important projects that constitute the foundation of a nations development.

The conclusion here is that although the establishment paying for every citizens medical needs will help the people in a major way, still its negative consequences greatly outnumber its benefits. So, in my opinion the government should not have to take the huge burden of paying for every citizens healthcare.

If its already paid-for,
If it's already paid-for,