In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing. What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them?

Overweight has been given a growing concern in the world recently, due to the fact that it is associated with some diseases, such as obesity and heart disease. People, at present, are seeking effective ways to combat overweight and to regain their health. The essay will elaborate on the factors contributing to these problems and provide some approachable measures.

With regard to reasons behind overweight, the first factor can be attributed to advanced transport vehicles. In the past, people had to walk a long distance to meet their friends or get to workplace. Whereas, in temporary world, with the convenience of vehicles, like cars and subways, people no longer need to walk for a long time. Instead, they can easily reach their destinations in a few minutes, compared to more than, maybe one hour in the past. Therefore, it is no wonder that people are inclined to take vehicles which save them much time and energy. As people spend less time on walking and more on seating in vehicles, they gradually increase weight for lack of exercise. Also, unbalanced eating dietary is linked to overweight. In the past, people do not have much money to afford nutrient foods, such as milk and so on. However, with the development of economy, people are wealthier than before and possess a great amount of money in their hands, so they tend to lay more emphasis on eating nourishing foods. With the excessive intake of these foods, their bodies are overburdened to digest them, resulting in overweight and inferior fitness.

Since overweight is posing a big threat to people’s health, some measures must be taken to address it. People should be encouraged to take regular exercises everyday and to avoid a sedentary lifestyle. Media and government need to propagate the benefits of doing exercises and warn people the potential health hazards caused by overweight. In addition to this, people themselves should alter their attitudes toward healthy diets. Taking more nutrients do not guarantee a healthier body, which instead may cause physical problems. Thus, people should read some relevant books on balanced dietary to develop a correct conception.

In conclusion, advanced technology in vehicles make people lead a sedentary lifestyle and take less exercises, while excessive intake of nourishing foods also intensifies overweight. Due to the potential health hazards, some steps must be taken to deal with overweight and its accompanying problems, such as doing more exercises and establishing a correct idea of dietary in minds.

Taking more nutrients do not guarantee a healthier body,
Taking more nutrients does not guarantee a healthier body,

Duplicate words or sentences. Look: