In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting unversity studies. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this.

In some countries adolescents prefer to work or travel for a period between finishing high school and starting university studies. The interval in studies usually lasts for one year. This year may be beneficial or unfavorable for a student. In this essay, I will compare both advantages and disadvantages of this practice.

Firstly, I would like to point out that, having a job before entering university develops many skills which would be very helpful to adolescents in their future life; this includes experience and developing practical intelligence. It can make them more responsible and independent. Researches show that having a good practical rather than an academic intelligence is closely linked to achieving success in life.

In addition, traveling to different cities and countries is also a very useful experience. For instance, if person travels more, he or she meets many people and sees distinct cultures. This seems to be valuable for sociability, and person feels emotions that he or she would not forget.

On the other hand, this one year may be seen as a waste of time which would decrease student’s study skills gained in schools or colleges. They may forget the knowledge that they have acquired or lose desire to further study. Young adults may end up never returning to their studies or finding it difficult to readapt to an academic environment. This attitude would not cause advantageous outcomes.

To put all things in a nutshell, I would like to restate that, to work or to travel for a year between finishing high school and commencing university educations has more advantages than drawbacks.

Sentence: Young adults may end up never returning to their studies or finding it difficult to readapt to an academic environment.
Error: readapt Suggestion: No alternate word