Some people believe that competitive sports, both team and individual, have no place in the school curriculum. How far do you agree or disagree?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.Write at l

Some people believe that competitive sports, both team and individual, have no place in the school curriculum. How far do you agree or disagree?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Write at least 250 words.

It is often argued that existence of a subject about competitive sports either individually or collectively in the schools, is an egregious fault. While I disagree with this idea, I do believe that it can have some negative effects on children’s mind. Following descriptions will clarify the issues.

On one hand, I believe that being in a competition can help pupils to be more engrossed in doing their best. Besides it can make them absorbed in being more hardworking. It should be noted that some experiments have shown that when students have opponents in the school, they are more industrious and diligent. Also it is worth considering that students try to care about their confidence and when they are participating in a match, they find their self-esteem in dander, since they have some fear to lose the game and the only remedy that they find is that to have more perseverance and dedication.

On the other hand, I accept that competitive atmosphere can cause some harmful effects on the mind of students. As a matter of fact, in this situation children do not have peace of mind and cannot enjoy their lives, as they always are afraid of being losers. It is worthwhile to mention that some teachers claim that when pupils are in a competition, they are more pugnacious and quarrelsome. Also sometimes, they think their competitors are their enemies.

To sum up, as far as I am concerned, despite having an opponent can motivate children to try a lot, it causes some problems psychologically and makes pupils more argumentative.

It is often argued that existence of a subject
It is often argued that the existence of a subject

the only remedy that they find is that to have more perseverance and dedication.
the only remedy that they find is to have more perseverance and dedication.

despite having an opponent can motivate children to try a lot,
Description: Check books how to use 'in spite of', 'Despite '