Essay topics: Some people believe that students should be allowed to evaluate and criticise their teachers to improve the quality of education. Others think this is disrespectful to teachers. Discuss both views, give your opinion and include relevant examples.
Whether or not students have the right to evaluate their teachers has been a hotly debated issue. Some people believe that this is not respectful towards teachers. Some others argue that it is important for students criticising their teachers. In this essay, these two viewpoints would be discussed and my opinion would be presented.
With regard to those who think that students need to have feedbacks to teachers. Although teachers have been considered as the best parents at school with a large amount of academic knowledge, they need to have an appropriate method of teaching. Furthermore, evaluating teachers is one of the most effective ways of improving the quality of education because teachers have a better understanding about the capacity of each student. Therefore, this is a golden opportunity for teachers to change their methods of teaching or to make suggestions with school change timetable.
However, other people claim that students are not allowed to criticized their teachers. With this argument, students have to obey teacher and this is a basic principle of the all level of education. Most teachers are well-trained and well-educated with the essential professional skills to meet requirement of teaching. What is more, learners must respect and be polite towards teachers and if students have evaluation with teachers, it is rude under the culture of education.
As far as I am concerned, in the light of having a better education, students should be given to a face to face conversation to criticise their teachers relating to improving the quality of education. According to recent researches on the field of education, teachers should be good-listeners to get evaluation from students because this makes a huge progress of both learning and teaching. As a result, education system will be improved significantly. For example, Vietnam is a country where student are encouraged to criticize as much as possible their teachers and Vietnam has a great achievement in educational quality compared to other countries around the world.
It seems to me that it is absolutely dispensable to have evaluation of students for their teachers. This enhances dramatically the quality of education system in each country. What is governments to do is to allow this rule be performed as soon as possible at schools.
- Nowadays, some people like to give help to the local community or provide people with some direct help. Other people prefer to give money to national and international organizations.Discuss both methods and give your own opinion on which is better. (75)
- Some people believe that students should be allowed to evaluate and criticise their teachers to improve the quality of education. Others think this is disrespectful to teachers. Discuss both views, give your opinion and include relevant examples. (90)
- Some people think that the detailed criminal description on newspaper and TV has bad influences, so this kind of information should be restricted on the media. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (70)
- Nowadays in some countries the numbers of children aged 15 and younger are increasing. What are the current and future effects of ever increasing population? (60)
- The position of women has changed a great deal of in many societies over the past 50 years. But these societies cannot claim to have achieved gender equality.To what extent you agree or disagree? (45)
- When the time comes to commence full-time employment, individuals who have graduated from university deserve a higher salary than those who have not.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (73.33329999999999)
- Some people believe that using animals to test the safety of human medicines is cruel and unwarranted, whereas others feel it is a medical necessary. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (76.66670000000001)
- Many of the world’s cities are currently facing a serious housing shortage.What are some of the reasons for this shortage and what solutions can you suggest? (92.5)
- Some people think that students in high school should study music as a compulsory school subject.Others believe that such as requirement would be a waste of valuable school study time.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (70)
- In some countries, more and more people are deciding to live alone.Why do you think this is? What are the advantages and disadvantages of living alone? (75)