Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports to younger children). To what extent do you agree or disagree?

At present time, an increasing number of high school students take part in voluntary activities in their leisure time and this behavior has been highly spoken of by many adults. Therefore, some people advocate that high school students should be obliged to participate in unpaid community service as part of programmes in high school. However, with more analyses taken into account, people will find it is unreasonable to some extent.

To begin with, it should be acknowledged that if the voluntary work becomes a compulsory task, students’ enthusiasm for providing free service will be dampened,...

which make they more repulsive
which make them more repulsive