Essay topics: Some people claim that not enough of the waste from homes is recycled. They say that the only way to increase recycling is for governments to make it a legal requirement.
To what extent do you think laws are needed to make people recycle more of their waste?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
It becomes a controversial topic these days about the waste problems and the environment concerns in many nations. Although many cities have introduced a household garbage scheme in order to collect the renewable garbage for recycling, most citizens still do not follow this policy. There is then an idea coming up, which is about a strict regulation in order to raise recycling responsibility in all citizens. Personally, I strongly believe that laws about this waste management will improve the effectiveness of recycling programme in any nation.
Factors related to the achievement of recycling scheme need to be considered first. To begin with, most citizens often complain about the difficulties and inconvenience of household garbage collection, requiring many waste containers and considerable space in a house. Consequently, people frequently agree that garbage collection is not practical at all and very time-consuming, thus they ignore to sort all garbage. Subsequently, the city provides several garbage bins which are improving the recycling measure to be more convenient. Despite the encouragement from the city by providing bins, surprisingly the amount of recycling from residents is still not increase.
On the other hand, the city might need to regulate recycling laws to deal with this problem. Taken the zero waste policy in San Francisco as an example, the city outlaws heavy fines to citizens refusing to do recycling and authorities physically check a house randomly, whether a household actually recycles or not. Eventually, the policy has achieved the goal as no waste is being sent to landfill sites, whereas waste is either sent through recycling measures or disposal method.
In conclusion, event though the city assists the methods of recycling to be more easier to all citizens, individuals still ignore collecting recyclable garbages. Therefore, laws must be required in this case in order to tackle the waste problem effectively, which is similar to the project in San Francisco, otherwise the recycling will still never be able to succeed.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|3 weeks 6 days ago||hongnhung162||89||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 6 days ago||hongnhung162||61||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 days ago||theresa_trangnguyen||61||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||mabick_1527||89||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||nutwara||56||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||evalinalisbeth||56||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||mabick_1527||49.5||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||Ha su jeong||56||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 days ago||Ana Maria Londo...||56||Read full essay|
|3 months 5 days ago||ivy37||84||Read full essay|
- I have got the IELTS score today. writing 7.5 over all band 7 !!I would like to thank you this site so much!! (71.66670000000001)
- Governments should spend money on railways rather than roads.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. (78.75)
- The charts below show the proportions of British students at one university in English who were able to speak other languages in addition to English, in 200 and 2010. (80)
- Some people claim that not enough of the waste from homes is recycled. They say that the only way to increase recycling is for governments to make it a legal requirement.To what extent do you think laws are needed to make people recycle more of their wast (62)
- Tourism has increasingly so much over the last 50 years that it is having a mainly negative impact on local inhabitants and the environment. However, others claim that it is good for the economy.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of tourism and give (75)
- Each year, the crime rate increases. What are the causes of crime and what could be done to prevent this rise in criminal activity?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. (70)
- The first chart below shows how energy is used in an average Australian household. the second chart shows the greenhouse gas emissions which result from this energy use. (56)
- Some people think that all university students should study whatever they like. Others believe that they should only be allowed to study subjects that will be useful in the future, such as those related to science and technology.Discuss both these views a (77.5)
- It is important for children to learn the different between right and wrong at an early age. Punishment is necessary to help them learn this distinction. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this option?What sort of punishment should parents and t (80)
- All education and health care should be funded by the government and free for everyone. To extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (80)