Essay topics: Some people claim that not enough of the waste from homes is recycled. They say that the only way to increase recycling is for governments to make it a legal requirement.
To what extent do you think laws are needed to make people recycle more of their waste?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
It becomes a controversial topic these days about the waste problems and the environment concerns in many nations. Although many cities have introduced a household garbage scheme in order to collect the renewable garbage for recycling, most citizens still do not follow this policy. There is then an idea coming up, which is about a strict regulation in order to raise recycling responsibility in all citizens. Personally, I strongly believe that laws about this waste management will improve the effectiveness of recycling programme in any nation.
Factors related to the achievement of recycling scheme need to be considered first. To begin with, most citizens often complain about the difficulties and inconvenience of household garbage collection, requiring many waste containers and considerable space in a house. Consequently, people frequently agree that garbage collection is not practical at all and very time-consuming, thus they ignore to sort all garbage. Subsequently, the city provides several garbage bins which are improving the recycling measure to be more convenient. Despite the encouragement from the city by providing bins, surprisingly the amount of recycling from residents is still not increase.
On the other hand, the city might need to regulate recycling laws to deal with this problem. Taken the zero waste policy in San Francisco as an example, the city outlaws heavy fines to citizens refusing to do recycling and authorities physically check a house randomly, whether a household actually recycles or not. Eventually, the policy has achieved the goal as no waste is being sent to landfill sites, whereas waste is either sent through recycling measures or disposal method.
In conclusion, event though the city assists the methods of recycling to be more easier to all citizens, individuals still ignore collecting recyclable garbages. Therefore, laws must be required in this case in order to tackle the waste problem effectively, which is similar to the project in San Francisco, otherwise the recycling will still never be able to succeed.
- Some sports are extremely dangerous but many people still like them very much. Why do people take part in dangerous sports? Give some suggestions on how to deal with these dangers.Give reason for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own (60)
- Some people think that spending a lot on birthday celebrations and wedding is a waste of money. But others think that it is important to young people and the society. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (70)
- Some people think that children should have some classes outside their schools, visiting local companies or public enterprises for some real life experience. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion. (70)
- Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding change. Others, however, think that change is always a good thing.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (71.66670000000001)
- Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (90)
- Many people spend a lot of money on clothes, haircuts, and beauty products to enhance their appearance. Some people think that it is a good way to spend money, while others think that there is a better way to spend it. Discuss both views and give your opi (85)
- Some people say that it is not good for children to grow up in the city and that the countryside is more suitable for them. Do you agree or disagree? (60)
- Some of the methods used in advertising are unethical and unacceptable in today’s society.To what extent do you agree with this view? (60)
- Some people are reducing their walks, however many health experts say that walking is thebest exercise to maintain health. Why do people walk less? What might encourage people to walk longer distances? (85)
- Some people prefer to work for a large company. Other prefer to work for a small company. Which would you prefer? Use specific reasons and details to support your choice. (90)