Some people feel that certain workers like nurses, doctors and teachers are undervalued and should be more, especially when other people like film actors or company bosses are paid huge sums of money that are out of proportion to the importance of the wor

Some people feel that certain workers like nurses, doctors and teachers are undervalued and should be more, especially when other people like film actors or company bosses are paid huge sums of money that are out of proportion to the importance of the work that they do.

-How far do you agree?
-What criteria should be used to decide how much people are paid?

Nowadays, money is an integral part of our life and everybody chooses a particular profession in order to earn living. But of course, the holders of different professions have quite various incomes. That brings up a very intriguing question: ‘is the earned money is adequate to the difficulty and importance of the work?’ Some people think several workers such as nurses, teachers and doctors are underestimated while actors, sportsmen and company bosses are exaggerated in term of the salaries. I agree with this opinion and I will try to support my point of view below.

It is clear that, education and medicine have always been among the most needed field for people throughout the history. Medicine seems to be apparently vital, since it gives us chance to find remedies of many diseases and helps us to be healthier. Likewise, education is equally important, as with the help of it mankind is capable of doing research, inventing new technologies, improving our life in addition to being able to teach children basic life skills from the very beginning of their lives and later improving the scope of their world outlook. We can surely say that, as these two fields are so necessary, the salaries of nurses, doctors and teachers are very unsatisfactory in comparison to the fortune made by actors, singers and company bosses.

However, I don’t want to undervalue the essence of actors, singers and company bosses. Taking into account the fact that we live in entertainment and economy dominant world, the sum of the money that they earn is not so unusual.

To conclude, as I stated above, the distribution of money among occupations is not so fair. To my mind, it would be great if the contribution of the profession to the human society was taken as decisive criteria when defining people’s salaries.

is the earned money is adequate
is the earned money adequate

it gives us chance to find remedies
it gives us the chance to find remedies

in entertainment and economy dominant world,
in an entertainment and economy dominant world,