Some people think that governments should give financial support to creative artists such as painters and musicians. Other believe that creative artists should be funded by alternative sources. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

Whether artists should be sponsored by governments or other sources have long been discussed. While I accept that governments should lend a helping hand sometimes, I tend to agree that the financial supports should be sought from alternative sources.

Some people argue that governments should provide financial supports to the talents. One of their reasons is that it is the government’s obligation to ensure not only the economic prosperity but also to promote the creativity and innovation of the country. This could be done by looking after the artists such as giving financial aids. Apart from this, they believe that government funding will boost productivity of the artists. The perceived general idea is that this readily available fund would encourage the talents to bring out the best in them, which, in turn, enhances remarkable achievements.

However, I believe that funding for arts should not rely on governments. First of all, taking care of the artists is not the only obligation of the government. Priorities of Governments are maintaining sound educational standards, offering health cares and promoting the infrastructures. These public services ensure the proper operation of country whereas the work of artists is a luxury. In addition, artists do a job like any other professional, and they should therefore earn their own money by performing or selling their artistic creations to fans or collectors. The ease of getting fund will encourage laziness and thus have a negative impact on the overall culture promotion in the nation. Lastly, artists can also seek funds from industries and non-government organizations as some of these parties aims at providing help to artists and promoting cultural development.

In conclusion, I tend to agree that financial aids to creative artists should not be provided by governments.

not only the economic prosperity but also to promote the creativity and innovation of the country.
Description: Not only...but also is not used properly. can you re-write this sentence?