Some people think that school students should study international news as one of their subjects. Other people say this is a waste of valuable school time.Discuss both these views and give your opinion.

Some people think that school students should study international news as one of their subjects. Other people say this is a waste of valuable school time.

Discuss both these views and give your opinion.

It is true that nowadays adding new subjects into secondary school curriculum is not a new thing. More and more secondary schools are making serious efforts on upgrading their education system to be better by establishing some new subjects, on of them is international news. Some people hold the opinion that if international school would be one of the subjects in secondary schools, then; probably, it will be better for secondary students; whereas, others arguing on this fact think that it wastes their valuable school time. In this essay, I would like to account for both sides with my own opinion.

On one side, learning and getting to know of all information of international activities in this globalization era are pivotal for not only secondary students but also individuals. By obtaining international news and information, the development of this world can be followed and this leads them to be prepared to compete with their counterparts. Additionally, the students are able to expand their knowledge of several languages. With the knowledge they gain, their creativity can develop significantly. A good example for this is in Malaysia, a secondary student invented a smart program which is useful for president election so that the government would not waste a lot of time and money on the election.

On the other hand, there are plentiful reasons why opponents claim that is a waste of valuable school time. Firstly, international news being as one of the secondary students’ subjects requires international language skills, whereas not few secondary schools do not provide their students with international languages as the government find it difficult to distribute the facilities supporting the students because of their location which are hard to reach. Secondly, it requires a considerable time to learn international languages to understand international news for non-international or local schools. They state that it would be better to use their time to study other subjects such as Math, Physics, etc.

To summarize, international news being as one of the subjects has its pros and cons. Hence, i assert that international news will be a useful subject for international secondary schools not for local schools not providing their students international languages.

learning and getting to know of all information of international activities in this globalization era are pivotal
learning and getting to know of all information of international activities in this globalization era is pivotal

why opponents claim that is a waste of valuable school time
why opponents claim that it is a waste of valuable school time

not few secondary schools do not provide their students
few secondary schools can provide their students