Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the cours

Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the course is useful to an employer.

Whether to admit that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace or give them access to knowledge for its own sake is a debatable issue; however, it is strongly believed that providing graduates with knowledge and skills needed in the workplace is more effective for some reasons. In what follows, these reasons are expressed and elucidated.

First of all, as far as skill and knowledge for work are concerned, providing graduates with these kinds of issues will be helpful to find a job easier. As long as, we live in the competitive world, it seems necessary to equip ourselves with a variety of skills. For instance, when somebody graduates from university, he cannot find a decent job at that time. Therefore, he has to participate in classes out of universities in the purpose of achieving practical skills in his field, although universities can provide these classes more efficiently than other institutions. If universities can support these programs, the satisfaction of students will be increased; it is the ultimate aim of scientific centers.

Secondly, as money has a critical role in life, and everyone finally has to start working for meeting their basic needs, having skills related to job will clearly increase the chance of finding job after graduation. The latest aim of going to the university, not for one hundred percent of students but most of them, is obtaining necessary skills for high paid jobs. It is obvious that by having good skills (managerial and practical skills), everybody can find good positions which help him to provide standard living condition.

Finally, by acquiring work knowledge in the university, not only have we diminished our stress, but also our self-confidence increases. Nowadays, mental illness is rising remarkably. The evidence has shown many contributing factors are involved in this kind of disorders, and the most important factor is job stress. Therefore, in terms of health, the role of university as a place for reducing stress is clearly distinguishable.

Considering all aspects of the issue which have been discussed above, it can be concluded that training students with knowledge and skills needed in workplace is more important, and this is the main reason that people tending to consider this function of universities. As we see every day, education ministries in different countries are revising the curriculum of different fields, and this is a good evidence to the facts which was explained above.

Some duplicate words or sentences. Look: