These days everyone seems to have more possessions ( e.g. computers, cars, mobile phones, etc.). Our strong desire to own these things is making us less aware of important personal qualities such as kindness and consern for others. Do you agree or disagre

These days everyone seems to have more possessions ( e.g. computers, cars, mobile phones, etc.). Our strong desire to own these things is making us less aware of important personal qualities such as kindness and consern for others. Do you agree or disagree?

According to UNO's ( United Nations Organization ) statistics, 96 per cent of Iceland people are dependent on the Internet. That is why, psychologists play an excitement drum. By contrast, some experts claim that materialistic life have not prevailed yet. So, who is right-supporters or opponents of owning more possessions?

To begin with, according to media, western societies cannot achieve a balance between mental and material life. Therefore, this can lead to some social and individual problems such as depression and family relationship. Moreover, most systems could be damaged as a result of lack of personal qualities in citizens, for example, fertility rate in states and marriage. Furthermore, people who do not think about anything except their personal fulfillments cannot endure strict problems, for instance, loneliness, natural catastrophes and deaths. Although, when they face with given types of difficulties it could be taken an opportunity to be more realistic. Likewise, if possessing some things such as cars and homes are more important than morality in the whole world we cannot solve out today's problems such as terrorism and starvation in some developing countries, especially in Africa.

There is another side to the picture. More ownership make life easier. None government or law prevent a person to think merely about himself. Personal qualities such as kindness and concern for others are the second most important things in modern societies. This is also true about poorer nations. So, everyone should earn money in order to live comfortably and safely.

Overall, we should make a decision fairly. Every citizens or non-citizens have right to better living in all periods of their life and all governments and official international organizations such as UNO and EU have to try to realize it. Eventually, all inhabitants of the Earth should think about others, we cannot forget the factor of humanity.

materialistic life have not prevailed yet.
materialistic life has not prevailed yet.

when they face with given types of difficulties it could be taken an opportunity to be more realistic.

possessing some things such as cars and homes are more important
possessing some things such as cars and homes is more important

None government or law prevent a person
None government or law prevents a person

More ownership make life easier
More ownerships make life easier

The essay is not exactly right on the topic. Read the essay topic again and think why.