The threat of nuclear weapons maintains world peace. Nuclear power provides cheap and clean energy. The benefits of nuclear technology far outweigh the disadvantages. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

The threat of nuclear weapons maintains world peace. Nuclear power provides cheap and clean energy.

The benefits of nuclear technology far outweigh the disadvantages. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Nuclear power is an alternative source of energy which is carefully being evaluated during these times of energy problems. During these years we can say that we have energy problems bit in more or less 50 years, we will be facing on energy crisis.

Nuclear power is an alternative source of energy and unlike other sources as solar energy, nuclear power is highly effective for industrial purposes. If it is handled correctly there really is no danger for the public. It is cheap, there is no threat of pollution and best of all it is limitless. It is difficult to think about nuclear power as a good resource of energy for people in general. This is due to the use it has been given since its birth during the second world war. It is expressed as military power and in fact at the moment nuclear power is limited to few hands who consider themselves world power. When and if there is a change of ideology regarding the correct use of nuclear power, then we may all benefit from all the advantages nuclear power can give us.

If we outweigh the advantages and disadvantages of nuclear technology we then have the following: as stated before, the advantages are that there is limitless supply, it is cheap, it is effective for industrial purpose and sill there are many benefits which have not yet been discovered. The disadvantages are present time that it is limited to only a few countries who regard it as safe military power. Also if mishandled, there is risk for population around the planet to undergo contamination as we all know happened in Chernobyl. If these disadvantages can be overcome, then it is clear that nuclear energy can give as more benefit then problems. It will in the future be very important as the energy crisis is not far ahead,

In conclusion, nuclear power is good. It can be safe, and we will all benefit. It is up to our leaders to see that it is handled well so that we can all benefit from it.